To provide a safe, enjoyable and fun environment in which to acquire swimming skills and water safety awareness. To develop stroke technique, water skills, fitness and stamina, survival and basic rescue techniques as a vital life skill to all pupils.
…Delivering our Aims…
We work towards delivering the above aims by promoting all aspects of water safety and providing fun, enjoyable swimming lessons covering all strokes and skills.
- Maximum seven in a class.
- Fully qualified instructors in the water for non-swimmers/beginners.
- Trained/qualified Level 1 Assistant Teachers in the water for non-swimmers and beginners.
- High quality, progressive teaching. We adapt our lessons and Programmes of Study to cater for all ranges of abilities and needs.
- Staff hold a current Lifesaving Award (renewable every two years) or First Aid Certificate.
- Liability Insurance, £5M with Perkins Slade and CRB checked staff.
- Adherence to the National Plan for Teaching Swimming (NPTS). Certificate and badge will be awarded following the required standards being met during assessment of stroke technique and a wide range of skills.
- Lessons run during Term Time only.
- Lessons are for 30 minutes.
- Adherence to the current ASA Code of Ethics and Child Protection Policies